Imagine You is a positive and supportive blog for ambitious dreamers and big hearts who want more out of life – and want to do more of what they LOVE. It’s about dreaming BIG, getting real, feeling supported, and making things happen!
- Tired of trying to fit in, but too scared to stand out
- So ambitious with all these creative ideas, but you don’t know where to start
- In limbo and need some practical tools to hop off the “dreamer’s fence”
- Doing too much – and need a simpler way of making things happen
- Tired of trying to be someone else and ready to be more YOU
Does any of this sound familiar? If you went, “Mmm hmm” to any of these, WELCOME to the “dreamer’s club!”
For us ambitious souls with big hearts, it can sometimes feel like we’re failing at life a little bit… hey?
Like we know we should be doing something else, but yet, it feels like we’re stuck – or like something’s holding us back…
This blog is all about getting real with your WHY, simplifying the hard or scary stuff, and going after what sets your soul on fire.
It’s about digging deep into the feely-feels (coz that’s where it’s at), it’s about creating daily routines around your passions (and not seeing IF there’s time) – and it’s being totally true to who you are.
Because that’s what life is all about, right?!
ABOUT THIS BLOG
Imagine You started 4 years ago as a wellness magazine-style blog…
I wrote 100-word posts about healthy living, which I loved, but it lacked something big – connection. It had no heart. So I put it on the back-burner for a while…
Until this year. At the beginning of the year, I lost my mom. It was completely unexpected and it basically tore my world apart. For those first few months, I went through bouts of depression and I lost interest in a lot of things. I changed. But during this trauma, I also realised that life really is short and I didn’t want to spend the rest of it just going through the motions. I wanted to create a space for people who need encouragement to do what they love, feel more positive, and simplify the hard and stressful stuff.
Imagine You is about imagining where you want to be and making it happen.
IN THIS BLOG, YOU’LL FIND…
- Real talk about following your goals and dreams
- Strategies for breaking comfort zones – even if you’re an introvert!
- Ideas for simplifying everyday busyness and stress
- Ways to adopt a more positive outlook on life
- Personal development, self care and mindset talk (LOTS of it)
- Tips for finding focus and being productive at work
- Tools for building or bettering your online space – blog, website, or personal site
- Lessons, mistakes and truths of my own creative journey as I navigate this new path
Truth? I’m by NO means a self-help or blogging guru.
I’m just someone who likes to help people do more of what they love. I really believe that we are here to live a purpose and make an impact, and it sucks my soul when I see so much potential being wasted, because of fear of failure or feeling stuck or not good enough.
I’m as imperfect as they come…
Really, I’m learning too! And I’m here to try and show you that if a highly sensitive introvert like me can start things, see the positive – even when times are challenging, and go for her dreams, then so can YOU.
Hey! I’m Melanie, the creator behind Imagine You, and as you can probably tell, I’m a little obsessed with being in nature. Wine farms. Mountains. Green open spaces. Even the local garden centre if I’m really desperate for some zen.
I’m an ambitious dreamer who enjoys the simple things in life.
I live in Cape Town, South Africa and have pretty much lived here since my teens. Before then, my family and I lived in Windhoek, Namibia – so I guess my heart will always be in this beautiful desert country. I love traveling and I’m always dreaming about the next big adventure. I was lucky enough to visit my ultimate dream destination – New York, a couple of years ago and I still find it weird how much that city fascinates the introvert in me.
I’m a planner addict and you’ll never find me without a notebook (or 2 or 3). I can’t start my day without coffee and at least an hour to wake up properly. I’m a huge fan of morning routines and self care is a biggie in my books! I feel most at home walking in the mountains or sitting in nature with nothing but a cup of tea and a book. I live with my running hubby and we’re at the beck and call of our little feline fur-child, Jinx.
5 (Sort of) fun facts about me…
- I’m a Sagittarius, so speaking my mind without filters happens a LOT
- My first job was serving frozen yoghurt
- I can’t sleep on overnight flights, even with sleeping tablets
- I really wanted to be a singer when I was young
- Besides nature, dancing and binge-watching Netflix are my go-to happy places
(If you’re still reading this, it means those years as a copywriter weren’t wasted, YAY. I’m SO glad you’re here!)
Want to grab a weekly “coffee chat” with me?
JOIN THE SUNDAY LETTERS MAILING LIST
Every Sunday I send out a “Letter” where I share mindset tips, words of motivation, updates, and lessons I’m learning along my own creative journey.
It’s really just a little space where we get to relax and “catch up” with a cuppa.
When you sign up, you’ll receive a FREE Happiness Daily Planner.